Saturday, August 13, 2011

Didn't want my babies to be more than 3 years apart... then miscarriage :( ?

Sorry if this is long... I was due with baby #2 on July 14th which would have made the new baby and my son almost, but not quite, 3 years apart because my son's birthday is August 27th. I was so excited because growing up my two sisters and I were all very close in age and I was picturing summer parties in the back yard with my two children and their friends having fun in the pool, everything was perfect. Then tragically at 12 weeks I found out my baby had died around 8 1/2 weeks and my whole world fell apart. I already loved this baby and it was gone just like that. I had to have a D&C done almost exactly 2 weeks ago and I'm still bleeding. I just want to be pregnant again asap, but the doctor had told my husband and I to wait until after I have at least one period. I've read many things where some women don't even get their period for 2-3 months after a miscarriage and it's not a guarantee that it will even happen the first time we try. Now we're looking at our children being more like 4 years apart and I am so sad and upset. My question is, does anyone else have children 4 years apart who are still very close? Do they play well together? Are they friends, or because of the age difference do they just play with friends their own age? Are my fears of them not being close growing up ridiculous? Also, has anyone who has had to have a D&C done gotten their period 4 or 6 weeks later vs. 2-3 months later?

No comments:

Post a Comment