Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Help! Advice needed about my job?

Yes, I went through that in a job once; the situation was I was a temp doing work the other temps didn't want to do; I talked to the manager about potential permanent opportunity and her response was "I never got the chance to interview you. You aren't fitting in to our roadmap." The thing about jobs is nothing is personal - EVER - and I still struggle with that. I know this is tough, but go in thinking, "I'm getting paid to do this" and ignore everything that does not help you get a new job - try to focus on what skills you have and think about interviews ALL the time, you seem healthier than me in that you are angry and not hurt as I was - anger is good in that it will really help you focus on the interviews. DO NOT let your current state of mind affect the interview - no matter what, DO NOT complain in the interview or be negative at all. Focus on your skills and future. Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment